What do you do when your imaginary friend stops talking to you? No… Actually refuses to talk to you! And you are left with no other option other than staring at a blank space. Cause all you see is blank! Others may call it black. Maybe white. Maybe nothing. And it`s frustrating. You feel helpless and out of strength. Cause the last bit of hope you were holding on to is gone. Blown far away by the wind. As sad as it might sound, i also reach a point where i run out of blog posts ideas. I`m human and i`m just being honest. They just stop flowing and the inspiration is gone. That`s when i know that i’ve hit a blogging drought, or as I like to call it – Blogger’s Block. It’s such a bummer when this happens and it really throws me off my game. I remember discussing this issue with my girl Wendy who has an amazing blog here. I personally think that there is more to offer than just a pretty dress or rather as the society calls it, a beat face honeyyyy! We all know that behind all this glam, make-up and fashion is real life; with its ups and downs, joys, tears, happiness, you name it.
I find posts that have a message behind them quite interesting to read. Google calls it ,, Intriguing“; the art of arousing the curiosity or interest to a marked degree. That`s why i always prefer to take that extra mile and indulge within my mindspace in order to understand what`s going on deep within me. This can take an hour, maybe a full day, at times weeks… It always depends on the state of mind that i`m in. All i want is to give this little space of mine a Purpose! A good and refreshing one of that matter. How good would it be when my grandchild tells me one day that one of my posts inspired him/her to be a better person? That right there my friends is something worth working hard for.
So I’ve started jotting down blog post ideas for those times when I need them most. I though I’d share them today (a grand total of 10!) for anyone that is in a blogging drought themselves. Grab a pen and jot down your favorites. Ready, set…go!
- What`s been inspiring you lately? Share it on the blog 🙂
- Write about your blogging process and the challenges you have experienced in creating posts. The behind scenes of making these posts are usually not a joke. Well at least not for me. There is a lot of hard work, dedication and time put into it. Unless you`ve hired someone to simplify the work for you professionally
- Writing a post on a monthly recap, more of like summarizing how your month went by is always fun. I`m thinking of starting this as a series here on the blog
- Share a favorite recipe or a drink mix. I`m yet to do one of this pretty soon, since i`m a sucker for smoothies. Ooh yes, and cooking is now part of my everyday life. Should i start with how to make meat pies?? Mmmmh..
- If you feel comfortable enough, write about a difficult time in your life and how you overcame it. You can find my story in this Particular Post, which was really personal but i`m glad i shared it anyway. This can be a great way to help others and give hope to someone else experiencing the same thing
6. Write a letter to your younger self, sharing things you have learned and wished you could have known back then. You can read mine here .
7. Share some guilty pleasures, maybe 10 things no one knows about you… I had fun writing mine
8. Where do you see yourself and your blog, this time next year?
9. Blog tips that have worked for you. Moji from Moj in Touch has amazing tips for bloggers on how to work professionally and also with brands. Check out her out. You will thank me later 🙂
10. Pick an item of clothing (of your choice ofcourse) and show how you can style it in different ways. Who doesn`t love versatility? Check out how i styled this long t – shirt in two ways 🙂
What do you do when you struggle with writer`s block? Which of these ideas would you choose for your blog?
If you have any blog posts ideas you would like to contribute, feel free to share them in the comments below!
- Dress – H&M
- Clutch – Random Shop
- Shoes – Primark