From denim flares to pleasant blouses to off-shoulder styles, everything that once defined the 70’s has resurfaced. This time around, the silhouettes have sleeker fits and fresher shades, but they’re just as fabulous!. I am not a trend kind of person but can we just appreciate how the off shoulder top has made its debut and the fact that i can`t get enough of them makes it a big WIN for me! To me it`s no longer a trend, it`s a wardrobe essential which is here to stay. The top is flirty, flattering, and hides your pit stains–what more could you want from a single article of clothing?
Perhaps the most attractive part of an off-the-shoulder style is that it exposes the less predictable gorgeous parts of the body, like the neck, shoulder, collarbone and top of the back. Off-the-shoulder tops and dresses sometimes have the added advantage of arm coverage for a little extra insulation, so they don’t seem as exposed as you’d think – and they’re more covered than a strapless top. Shoulders are prone to look good no matter how you plan to show them off, so it’s hard to lose with this look.
I have been on a hunt for the perfect off – shoulder top that i felt looked good on me and this one was love at first sight. It`s slightly longer than it looks. I just tucked it inside my trousers because that was the look i was going for. I styled it with the white pair of denim jeans and some light washed denim wegdes for a clean summer look. My Kiondo bag came in handy for that pop of colour that was missing in this outfit!
So how has your May/June been so far?
May/June has been warm. Rainy. Quiet. Basically, just a mixed portion of trying new things and taking each day as it comes. It brought back coffee sipping, music and movie filmed afternoons with the hubby. It`s also the month that i`m actually finishing my national service for the government. I couldn`t be more happier 🙂
So just a quick summary of how the past month has been for me:
- I have finally learnt the basics of editing a video after multiple trials and error! Pheeew… That was really fun and frustrating at the same time. Now i can get to work on being more consistent with my videos 🙂
- I have and still is struggling with so much fatigue which is really making me concerned. I`m planning to go check out my iron levels. Maybe that could be the reason why…
- Snapchat chroncles has been way more fun than i thought. I need to get better at it though. Incase you are wondering, my username is Milly Onyaye 🙂
- This worship song from Neyi Zimu has been on repeat since i discovered it. Like this is worship on another level, mind you, they sing in another language. Can i just mention that they also have an amazing taste in fashion? Their stylist did an outstanding job. I couldn`t stop admiring their praise and worship team! BEAUTIFUL is an understatement guyz! Oooh my word, please spare a minute and listen to it. I`m certain that you will be blessed.
Wishing you a beautiful week wherever you are 🙂
Love and lots of mad love,
- Top: Pimkie
- White Denim: New Yorker
- Wedges: Tally Weijl
- Kiondo Bag: Random market