If you follow me on Snapchat (Milly Onyaye), then you probably know how much i`ve been raving about the beautiful weather that we have been experiencing in this part of the world where i live in. When i tell you the temperatures went from a chilly 10 degrees to a blazing 27 degrees in a span of less than 24 hours, best believe you me things had to be done. And i mean QUICK, haha! In my nine good years of living here in Germany, i have learnt to accept the chilly unexpected weather conditions. I mean how can it be Spring and it`s still snowing?? Yess! Totally crazy but that`s the story of my life. So if you`ve reached this far then you probably know that i had to use the opportunity that mother nature brought my way, right? and i have a good feeling that this time round it`s going to stay warm for quite long 🙂 (fingers crossed)
I have been on a reading spree this month and in the moment i`m loving this book by Rick Warren called ,,What on earth i`m i here for?” . In the book he explains why it it important to have a purpose driven life. He mentions that everybody`s life is driven by something. Right now you may be driven by a problem, a pressure or a deadline. You may be also driven by a painful memory, a haunting fear or an unconscious belief. There are a hundred of circumstances, values and emotions that can drive your life. It`s either you learn how to control what you let into your life or you let them control you. The choice is really in your hands.
What i loved most are the benefits he mentioned to living a purpose-driven life which got me reflecting on my life and i thought i`d share some of them with you, hoping it would be of help to someone out there. So let`s get started, shall we?
- Knowing My Purpose Gives Meaning To My Life – Humans were made to have meaning. Without purpose, life is meaningless. A meaningless life is a life without hope or significance. This is a profound statement and one that everyone should spend time pondering. God gives purpose. Purpose gives meaning. Meaning gives hope and significance. There is awesome truth contained within that logic.
- Knowing My Purpose Simplifies My Life – My purpose becomes the standard I use to determine which activities are important and which are not. If an activity does not further my purpose it can, and often should, be removed or ignored. My purpose gives me the foundation on which to base decisions and allocate my time and resources.
- Knowing My Purpose Focuses My Life – With a determined purpose I can focus my time and energy on what is truly important. Without purpose I may always be getting distracted and changing direction. Focusing on a few things that fulfill my purpose will yield better results than attempting to focus on many things that may not.
- Knowing My Purpose Motivates My Life – Purpose produces passion. By knowing my purpose I will be passionate about achieving it.
- Knowing My Purpose Prepares Me For Eternity – My time on earth is nothing more than a preparation for eternity. What matters in the end is not whether people remember me after I am gone but what God says about my life. Building an eternal legacy is far more important than building an earthly one.
Hmmm.. Food for thought, right??
So while i`m still enjoying the last few chapters left for me to finish this book, i`d love to know how you live a purpose driven life? Let`s engage 🙂
Ps: I wanted to thank Mumbi Nganga from Angiana wear on Instagram for this awesone two piece outfit that she custom made for me while i was in Kenya. Love how comfortable and stylish the outfit is. If you are reading this gal, thank you so much. Your work is AMAZING.