Happy New Month Everyone!
I hope yours started on a good note! Mine on the other hand had a mixture of both good and some “bleh” moments but definitely more of good. And the Easter break treat was much needed!
The behind scenes of blogging or just being a content creator comes with it`s frustrations and challanges which at times gets the best of me. I have periods where i´m on a roll and then there are also those very low stages where i feel stuck, more of like covered under a dark grey cloud, uninspired and generally tired from having to continually put out work. Don`t get me wrong, i love blogging… It`s something that i`m realy passionate about. I think the problem comes in when you are that kind of person who wants to deliver good quality content; more of like a “Perfectionist”. But on the other hand, no one is perfect. We are all human and this is something that i seriously need to work on…
So i have been doing some deep reflection on some of the things that i want to change and one of my main goals that i set for myself this month is to learn how to let go of things that i can`t control and allow myself to do things according to my own pace! Sometimes we walk, sometimes we run, sometimes we fly – the most important thing is that we are making progress. Through it all, i have learnt to be grateful for and fully present in the moment. To focus more on my own journey and keep the Faith while i`m at it. Doing that and making space for more gratitude in my life has given me some peace even when faced with the uncertainity that life sometimes presents.
So here are some of the things i`m constantly learning from these periods and i hope it will be an encouragement to someone.
- Embrace the Process: It won`t be easy, trust me it won`t be! But it is totally doable. Falling forward counts. Sop discounting the baby steps. The challenges/frustrations are all part of the learning process.
- Take a break: A break can help you reflect on so many things. When you feel worn out, it`s ok to have some time alone to think and evaluate what you are going through. I`ve also found out that being around positive people or an environment that inspires you is key.
- Remain focused: Set small goals that you want to achieve and work on them. I recently started writing down my weekly plans and what i want to accomplish on a weekly basis and this has pushed me on to work more harder. Being organized in every aspect of your life can make you become very productive, especially if you are one who has a habit of procastinating.
- Keep moving: Don`t remain in the same place/postion feeling sorry for yourself. Instead get up and continue the race. The only way to guarantee not getting lost, is not moving. Butagain, God can`t guide someone who won`t move.
- Lastly don`t give up: Focus on the reason to continue. The beginning is always the hardest and remember great things take time 🙂
Do you ever go through periods like this? If so, what are some of the ways you get through it?
Back to the outfit:
These are some of the pictures we shot when i went home for Christmas and we couldn`t find them anywhere. I was more than glad when my brother sent them to me. Talking of sweet memories!
I`m out 🙂