With what has been happening all over the world recently, i think it`s important to take a step back to reflect and be thankful for the opportunity of seeing another day. As much as we take this for granted, the truth is that Tomorrow isn`t a PROMISE to anyone. That`s one thing that i have come to accept. I had never thought that i would talk about this awful stuff that is going on around the world on my platform but let`s face it, lives have been lost and many have been left without mothers, fathers, husbands, wives! I could go on and on but this is getting out of hand! There is literally murder everywhere. It`s like you can smell Death around the corner! Something needs to be done to bring back Peace and Love amongst ourselves. This in accordance with forgiving each other and lots of Prayer is the only solution we have right now. There is too much bitterness, jealousy, suffering and hatred in our society. The question is who is it helping in the long run? Absolutely no one!! The most saddest part is that it has reached a point where it`s hard to feel safe in the comfort of your own home. That my dear friends is what i define as SAD!
And that`s why i always try my best to lead a postive life which includes being in a postive environment and sorrounding myself with positivity. Despite all this, it drawned to me that showing gratitude in any type of form be it by action or by writing has improved my physical and emotional health, as well as my relationships. I count my blessings. I count them every single day and i`m forever thankful for everything that i am today. I know my life was not an accident. And you, yes you the person who is reading this, your life isn`t an accident either 🙂
As a reminder of what i am thankful for, i decided to put up some of the ways i show gratitude on a daily basis.
I`m grateful for:
- Days that turned into nights. Not everyone gets the opportunity to see a new day.
- Good health. Being able to wake up and not complain of any pains is something i never take for granted. If you have nursed a sick person for a long period of time then you understand what i`m talking about. I would choose Health over Wealth any single day!
- My small family. I have learnt and grown so much since i became a mom and wife. Talking of challenges, responsibilties, you name it! I can`t wait to see where this journey takes all of us
I`m grateful for…..
- Hubby`s life. This man is a blessing. The support and love that he shows us has to be one that has been directed from the Lord. I can`t explain it otherwise. He has made me overcome my fears. Always the one assuring me that i can do anything, only if i`m willing to do it. He is such a blessing!
- Being able to have a place i call home. A place that i can call my own space. A place that i feel most comfortable in. A roof to cover my loved ones and i to say the least! Indeed grateful
- Never going to bed hungry! Being in a postion that i am able to provide for my family fulfills me as a woman 🙂
I don`t have a perfect life. But one thing for sure is that i`m content with what i have. The things that i don`t have motivate me to work even more harder. To go that extra mile. My excitement comes from the little pockets of happiness that i find. I appreciate my life for what it is. And for this reason i will always remain forever grateful!
I hope that applies for you too……